Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Being drunk at the cinema

Is kinda exhilarating...

I write because I said I would and I will and I shall and I am and so it is.

Just watched Before Midnight...the conclusion to a 3 decade love affair...with a bottle of wine...and sushi...in a cinema.

Tis' the inexorable truth of alcoholic inebriation that one's vocabulary turns to misbegotten drivel.

How do writers write while under the influence.

I string one petty sentence from the next to next, hoping to make rhyme or reason, and likely achieving neither.

Yonder thus my housemate beats out a tune on the electronic piano in the shared hallway.

What the fuck is she playing at right now? I really don't care. Sounds Japanese animeish and whathefuckerish.

Sleep beckons like the tempting mistress that she is. "Come to me", she says, "And I will end your weariness in my soft embrace".

Sleep my child. The sandman awaits you.

Sleep my child. Time is against you.

Sleep my child. Dreariness consumes you.

Sleep my child, and let the sleep become you.

Sleep.

Sleep.

Sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment